13262538

I am married and have joint ownership of our family home can

Customer Question

I am married and have joint ownership of our family home can I leave my have share to my children or does it automaticly go to my husband on my death we have not made a will
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can do this - but will first have to "sever the joint tenancy" on which you currently hold the property as owners.
You can read more here
https://www.gov.uk/joint-property-ownership/overview
Any local Solicitor who deals with Estates will be able to deal with this at the sam time as preparing a Will
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the reason for my question was cause i thought my husband had done a will leaving his half to his children from previous marrage but i see he can not if its in jjoint names thankyou for your help

He can sever the Joint Tenancy at any time so he may well be planning to do this