13262538

Hi, I have just seperated from my wife and we have 4 year old

Customer Question

Hi, I have just seperated from my wife and we have 4 year old twins. She is now threatening to take them to live near her sister in America. What is my position on this please
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Neither of you can remove the children from the country without the agreement of the other parent or an order from the court
If she does wish to move to America permanently then she will have to convince a court that any benefit will outweigh the loss of their ongoing contact with you - and that is getting harder
If she takes them without your agreement then the American courts can force her to return to the UK.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details