13262538

I have a 4 week old baby and i am currently feeding

I have a 4 week old baby and i am currently breast feeding him so he cant be taken too far away from me. Yet his father wants to take him and i have raised my concerns with him about the baby getting distressed if he is not fed. The father has demanded i express to give him a bottle even though i have been told by my health visitor not to confuse the baby with breast and bottle as he was premature. am i been unreasonable with my requests for me to be with the baby while i am breast feeding, and where do i stand?
What contact is the father having at the moment - and what has he actually requested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the father comes to see him for a maximum 2 hours on a night then leaves, yet no one asks him to leave and in the 4 weeks since the baby has been born he has cancelled on coming to see him on 7 days. he has requested to take him without me and has also demanded i express extra milk to give to our son although he has never been tried with a bottle.

Do you leave him alone with the baby sometimes?
have you agreed to take the child to visit his relatives at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, i have left him alone with the baby and i have told him on several occasions that i will be more than happy to go with him to visit his family as some of his family can not drive. i have also said to some of his family that they are more than welcome to come and visit the baby here too as i am unable to drive for another 2 weeks due to having a C section

Please do not worry - what you have offered as contact is generous and he cannot force you to offer more.
Your baby is very tiny; you are offering an excellent level of contact which is focussed on the needs of your baby.
As your baby develops so will the contact - but no he cannot force you to express milk and the baby is too young to spend any large amounts of time away from you.
You can offer to discuss matters with your ex using family mediation (www.familymediationehlpline.co.uk) - but remember contact is about the needs of the child - not the father.
You can read more here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
Please ask if you need further details