Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am a single mother working full time, my former partner keeps

Customer Question

I am a single mother working full time, my former partner keeps wanting to have my son every weekend, but i dont want this because i feel i dont have quality time with him. Can i insist that he has my son every other weekend?
How old is your son and what is the current pattern of contact?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My son is 5 he has autism and he currently see's his dad every other weekend. During the holidays he did have him for three days during the course of the summer holidays.

It is perfectly reasonable for you to want to have weekends with your son - and the court would certainly not expect you not to spend weekends with your son - which is why alternate weekends is a common pattern
If his father wants extra time then I suggest you offer him half of all of the school holidays (if your son could cope with that)
You can suggest that you discuss this using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
You can also read more on this site
www.theparentconnection.org.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details