13262538

Tips for things to look for on husbands Form E

My solicitor and I have submitted my Form E to court to exchange with my husband's Form E. I have been honest with my financial disclosure, but I suspect my husband won't be. Any advice on what to look out for on his Form E would be welcome. And some guidance about what I can say at the first court hearing, if anything. Thanks
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Read through the form E with a pad of paper and a pen beside you and write down any questions that come up.
They may be answered later on on the form - which is great - but write them all down to start with.
Then go through all the enclosures and make sure they are ALL there
Do through the bank statements carefully.
Check all the direct debits - is he paying for anything you cannot identify from the paperwork.
List any monies in that you cannot account for - any payments to accounts that he has not disclosed, and payments in or out above £500 which are not explained.
Then sit and think whether or not everything you are aware of is on the Form.
make a separate list if you are not sure and then check each one off.
All of the questions which are NOT answered on the Form e will them form a Questionnaire and
when you get to court you can explain to the judge how the answers will be relevant to the eventual settlement - and the Judge will then Order your ex to answer them within a limited amount of time.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details