13262538

I have a maintenance order for my son which states "payments

I have a maintenance order for my son which states "payments will be made until the child reaches the age of 18 ceases full time secondary education, whichever is the later, or further order". He is 18 next month and has finished secondary school, he did start college but then dropped it to work for me, at which point I stopped the maintenance, he worked for me for nearly a year and has now decided to go back to college to do a BTEC. His mother has now asked for the maintenance to be started again, I would like to know where I stand and what level "full time secondary education" goes to?
How many hours a week will he be in college?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe its 3 full days so possibly 20hrs

Then I am afraid that you may as well simply start the payments - as otherwise your ex will be able to apply to the CMS (new CSA) since you son is in what is classed as full time secondary education.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me how far the full time secondary education lasts for? Does it continue to University? and at what point does it become full-time (after how many hours?)

Full time is more than 12 hours a week (!) - Secondary is below degree level - so NOT university