Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I live in Scotland and own my property there. I am remarrying

I live in Scotland and own my property there. I am remarrying and going to live in England. I have willed my Scottish property to my daughter from my first marriage and I want to know if my new husband would have any automatic rights to that property if I die before him.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No he doesn't. The property is not matrimonial and accordingly your husband has no rights to it in life.
As you have willed it to your daughter that is unchallengeable on your death. Houses and land can be left to whoever you want in your will. Your husband has no challenge at all.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.