13262538

Hi Also me norma (elsies) daughter. I have a question about

Also me norma (elsies) daughter. I have a question about my private pension. Can you help?
What further information would you like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a private pension got through a divorce settlement. I took out an early payment for things I needed to as I am unemployed.

My pension provider has now said I cant touch it as I agreed {Legal and General} to accept monthly payments. I did not fill in any paperwork for this. I cannot survive of the monthly payment they give me.

Help so distressed

Norma Burnett

Elsies Daughter

I am sorry - do you mean that you have already had your lump sum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but everything was done over phone. I have never filled in paperwork. I feel I have been cheated out of the amount due

Please help I am so depressed. What's the point of my going on. They say I can't touch my money for no fault of my own. Can they send the paperwork of {supposed} details) I have filled in. I think not as my daughter always assists me on matters like this.

Please help{)

Norma Burnett

i am sorry - just to check.
You had a pension.
You decided to cash some of it in and did so
Why did you think you could take any more out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because I want to retire at 60 My income from the two pensions are 316 gbp and 110 per month. I have had to sign on for JSA because I can't afford to live. I never knew it would come to this. Am having to put the house up for sale

Please advise

Thanks Norma

I am sorry I am still confused.
They are paying you your pension aren't they?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but only £316.10 and £110.52 a month I can not live on that......... I am having to sell my house!!!!

Why did you thing that you could take out the cash?
Clarr
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

your service has been great. I am stuck with money I can not access. I have NOT filled in any forma. All was done to release some money early. Because I havne not worked as I am not well. I am now on jsa. And have to look for work. I have put my house on market but have got a court summons for money I could not repay as I did not have the funds.

My mam Elsie is helping me out. I feel so desperate.......... don't want to go with this anymore

Hi Norma
Have you checked what benefits you are entitled to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not really as am on jsa. Need to sell my house and look for a job. It's Legal and General that is keeping my pension and I don't know what to do??

Have you applied for Pension credit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I don't know what that is?????

Hi Norma
I am afraid that if you have already cashed in part of your pension it is indeed likely that you cannot call down the rest as that is usually one of the standard conditions of a pension.
However all is not lost as I believe that there are benefits that you are entitled to which will help you out of this financial quagmire.
You can find out what your entitlement is using the website here
http://www.entitledto.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details