How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6934
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

If you sign a deed to change part of your court order in a

Resolved Question:

If you sign a deed to change part of your court order in a divorce. Is there any way you can seek to change it back to the original court order?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  michael holly replied 3 years ago.
You were obviously had legal advice before entering the agreement. To change it back to the original you would need a reason which is acceptable to the court. This would have to be fundamental. The fact your ex husband is pressing for it to be signed in a way you find offensive is not enough. If however you find out that he lied about something fundamental to get that variation then that is a different matter.
I hope this helps. If there are further points, please reply
Best wishes
michael holly and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you