How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I am wanting to take my son to Disneyland next year, and

Resolved Question:

Hi, I am wanting to take my son to Disneyland next year, and his mum won't let me? What form do I fill in to take it to court? Is it c100? I am the legal father, and my name is ***** ***** birth certificate. Thank you john
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your son and what contact do you usually have with him?
What objection does your ex have to the trip?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son is 6, I have him every other wkend friday to Sunday , and every Tuesday for tea. I've recently taken him on holiday for a week and have done many times. Her objection is am taking him out of school a week early than school hols, an will affect his education but I've been in to school to acomadate for that, such as work 4 him to do at home before we go away and also a project whilst we are away to incorporate what he is doing at school.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
As a starting point you will need to try and use Family mediation ( to negotiate the matter - this is a requirement prior to issuing proceedings.
If that fails you can apply to the court using a form C100 - available here
The fee is £215.
Be sure to get the school to confirm their agreement in writing.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions