Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor
28732269

I am from Tunisia I have been in the uk for 16 years my husband

I am from Tunisia I have been in the uk for 16 years my husband died last year he was From Scotland and my doughter has a uk passport can I get a uk passport
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
Have you obtained indefinite leave to remain after being on a spouse visa?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have an indefinite leave to stay and have had it since 1999

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
You can only apply for a UK passport once you have naturalised as a UK citizen and obtained your certificate of naturalisation.
You will need to meet the requirements on the following page in order to be eligible to apply for naturalisation:-
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/check-if-you-can-apply
In particular you should note the residential requirement as to any time you have spent out of the country and make sure that you have not spent over the amount stipulated.
You will have to apply by completing the UKBA’s Form AN. Here is the link to the page with the form and guidance notes on completing it and what documents you will need to submit with your application:-
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/how-to-apply
It’s quite an expensive application to make (the fee is £906), so if you are in any doubt as to whether you meet the eligibility criteria OR whether or not your supporting documents are satisfactory the I would strongly advise seeing a local solicitor with a view to instructing them. They will be able to take your full instructions then advise you on what supporting evidence to collect and give to them and then draft the actual application form for you to then supmit.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom