13262538

The wife left me and our son i have had to sell the home and

The wife left me and our son i have had to sell the home and she is now chasing me for money even though she hasnt paid any maintenance for 3 months do i have to pay her half of the money from the sale of the house which was in my name only?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
How long have you lived together and how old is your son.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi we lived in the house for 11 years together 14,my son is 12 years old the house was sold at 164,000 leaving me 31,000 mortgage has been paid ive now used 20,000 to clear debts that were joint she agreed verbally to that leaving 10k to be split i have already paid her 1100 and dont have a problem paying her the rest regarss to other assets such as white goods etc she took all of them fridge washing machine table etcim
not employed at present and paying rent. she hs just changed jobs so im not to sure her income but id guess around 18,000 per annum she has failed to pay maintenance for our son for 4 months we agreed 200 poubd a month. i hope thats enough info for you cheers ***** ***** was not on the mortgage just my name. she has asked for a copy of the sale of the house thanks
What accommodation do you and yours son have now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
rented flat 2 bed
As a starting point you should apply to the CMS (new CSA) and let them deal with the maintenance issue.
With regard to the capital since you have the child living with you and your ex has had the majority of the white goods then it would be reasonable for you to have a larger share of the sale proceeds and on that basis a 70/30 split would be wise - but offer 80/20 (in your favour to start with)
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years