bigduckontax,
75394688

My husband and I have split due to him having an affair after

My husband and I have split due to him having an affair after 16 years. We run our own business we started the business 5 years ago. Its a limited company and I don't own any shares my name is ***** ***** the bank account. I deal with the Bank manager Vat man Tax man and accounts and my husband deals with customers. My husband is in the process of trying to sell the business am I entitle to half the business, half the shares, or nothing at all.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Have a look at this website:
http://www.thefamilylawco.co.uk/property-financial-matters/divorce-ending-a-civil-partnership-your-business/
Here is The Family Law Co preamble:
'Divorce or civil partnership dissolution will certainly have an impact on your business. Historically, it has always been assumed the family business would be protected during a divorce, however, recent case law has shown that this may not always be the case. Today, the family business is considered to be an asset alongside the matrimonial / partnership home, investments and pensions. Every divorce is different and the court now considers all the family circumstances when arriving at a settlement.'
This should give you some guidance, but their is no substitute for the solicitor handling your side of the divorce proceedings. He must be alerted to the position.
I do hope I have shown you a way to proceed. This is essentially an UK taxation advice site and the advice our experts can give is severely limited.