13262538

My wife has left the marital home to reside with her new partner

My wife has left the marital home to reside with her new partner after 3 weeks of forming a relationship with him to which she admits.. we have two children one of 10 and one 14 she now wants to introduce them to the man in question im very unhappy about this as he has been the reason for our family unit break down, what steps can i take to protect my children from any up set .
regards
Alan woodbine
How long has she been away from the Matrimonial Home?
What do you know about this person?
Do the children wish to meet him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare

my wife moved out of the matrimonial home 3 weeks ago,she moved straight in with her new partner, she now wants to introduce the children and i feel its far too soon as they are upset enough with the torn family unit...

she told the children yesterday that this would now be a permanent arrangement they both were distraught . my daughter who is 14 said she didn't know whether to meet him but my youngest son has taken this very badly he says no, im devastated after 23 years of marriage she has left me with the children for this new man.she wants the children to reside me which im more than happy with but to the children they are feeling their mum has deserted them.

I dont know much of this man only that he was a work college.

Alan

You need to strike a balance here for the sake of the children.
It is you she was married to not the children and you must ensure that your understandable devastation does not make matters worse for the children - and reassure them that she has left YOU and not them
Having said that you are right - this is very early days and matters must be taken slowly.
If your daughter is willing to give it a go then reassure her that you do not mind and that you are glad she is willing to consider it and tell your ex that you need to work together to find a way of doing this that put's no pressure on her.
Equally reassure your son that it is fine if he does not wish to meet him yet - but again you do not mind if he changes his mind.
tell your ex that you will discuss this with her using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) and a mediator trained to work with young people as well so that whatever happens their views are heard
Please ask if you need further details