13262538

My father passed away 3 weeks ago. We have not been intouch

My father passed away 3 weeks ago. We have not been intouch for 50 years. His step son & daughter found me & told me that he had talked about me & if I wanted to see him I would have to be quick due to his health, unfortunately he passed the next day. I have discovered a lovely family I didn't know existed. My father had dementia & I've been told he remarried 6 years ago. His wife & her son where caught by a carer beating him up! For his own safety he was removed to a nursing home by social services. She never bothered with him after that. His wife removed all his money and processions. My fathers step children have nothing from their mother. My father sold his home when he married 6 years ago & moved in with his new wife. Whilst he was in the home she sold the house & bought a little bungalow. Can my fathers step children & myself contest his will, are we entitled to anything? I am his only child but he did bring up his step children as his own, their mother died several years ago, they were happily married for 40 years.
Many thanks for time,
Elaine Denby
What was the extent of his assets and did he in fact leave a Will?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I have been told that his wife moved his assets showing he had nothing which is not possible as he sold his house. Not sure about a will, his step children seem to think if there was anything, it would have been

left to her. He was very fond of his step children. He suffered from Parkinson Diease which came with Lewy body & Dementia. We believe he really did not know what was going on even back 6 years ago when he married this woman. So so sad.

Many thanks for you help,

Elaine

Do you know how much the house sold for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, we believe it was around 200K.

Regards,

Elaine

Then frankly there is little point in taking the matter further.
If there was no Will then his widow would have received the first £250,000 of his estate in any event - and if the assets were held in joint names they would have passed to her automatically on his death.
I am sorry unless any of you were financially dependent on him at the time of his death there is no claim that can be made.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details