13262538

Hello, My ex partner living in Lithuania and I'm paying child

My ex partner living in Lithuania and I'm paying child maintenance to her Lithuanian bank account every month by bank transfer.But she decided to move in Uk. She want to stop payments in Lithuania ( By Lithuanian law you can't stop child maintenance, because this money is for children) and start claim here.Please let me know if is possible her to do that? I'm living and working in Uk 4 years.
Is there actually a Court Order in Lithuania?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, this decision been done by court order in Lithuania 4 years ago, when we was divorcing, all arranged formally. I spoke with solicitor in Lithuania, they explain to me is not possible to stop. Just want to know if she can claim here again?

Lithuania Civil code 3 section 159(1) is mean parents cant stop child maintenance , because is effect child interests.

If your ex and the child now live in the Uk then she can make an application to the Child Maintenance Service for an assessment.
This assessment will replace the Court Order so far as UK law is concerned.
You need to keep a careful record of payments so that you can prove that they have been made in the event that she attempts to enforce the Lithuanian Order as well
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details