13262538

I am separated from the father of my children, not yet divorced.

I am separated from the father of my children, not yet divorced. He has a new partner and baby. I have a new partner but he has gained a promotion which involves moving 300 miles away and wants us to move. Where do I stand, moving the children this far away from their dad? We have a fairly good relationship where the children are concerned and he sees them regularly every week. I'm prepared to renegotiate contact so he sees them longer through school holidays and some weekends. Thanks, Kate.
How old are the children and what is the current pattern of contact?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

5 and 3. They currently stay 2 nights in every 8. Thanks.

What contact will you offer if you move?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anything he wants within reason really. Most school holidays. Some weekends. I know that it would be a huge wrench so whatever will be most effective.

You are going to have to go back to mediation in order to negotiate the new arrangements with your ex.
You are already thinking about the right issues - how you can maintain the ongoing contact - and remember Skype/face time can also be effective
If no agreement can be reached then it will be open to your ex to apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the move until the Court has determined whether or not the move is in the best interests of the children.
You have a reasonable chance of success if that happens.
Please ask if you need further details