13262538

I have been paying maintenance for my daughter through the

Customer Question

I have been paying maintenance for my daughter through the csa for many years. I pay direct through my wages as I have no contact or know the whereabouts of either my ex-wife, or my daughter. I am taking voluntary redundancy in a few months - will I still have to pay for her? She is 18, and an army recruit. I even have serious doubts now that she is not my child after all!
What can I do - would be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks Mr J
how do you know she is in the army?
Will you receive any pay in lieu of notice?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's written on my daughter's Facebook page - it states she used to work in a shop and has now joined the 3PWRR regiment as an recruit/trainee, her previous employment was Poundland, and studied at Canterbury college.

The CSA are telling me that she is still attending college!

Regarding lieu of notice - I've been given a finishing date and will have to work up to it.. no paid notice given.

The benefit agency won't even look into her working status as I don't have a current address for her mother, nor her national insurance number.

My ex-wife has previously lied about my previous 3 children's working status leading to me receiving rebates from the csa.

The csa have told me that they are taking the mother's word and won't check to see if she is attending college.

If you are ceasing work the you need to notify the CSA so that they can complete a re-assessment.
The regiment you quote suggests that she has joined the Army Reserve (Territorials) and is not evidence that she is no longer at college
As part of the re-assessment the CSA will check that your ex is still receiving Child Benefit.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply... I understand about being re-assessed, but will they be entitled to my settlement lump sum? At present I don't have a new job to go to, and I will have to support myself/family until I find work.

Regarding my daugheter going to college - I know she didn't attend over the last couple of years, sooooo frustrating.

Your lump sum is safe unless it is over £65,000
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply...

£65,000 - is that before or after tax?

It is an absolute sum.
If you have assets worth over £65,000 (excluding your home) then a notional income of 8% oer annum is ascribed to it and you are assessed on that notional income