13262538

I signed an agreement with my husband before we was married

Customer Question

I signed an agreement with my husband before we was married that I would not take half the house off him as it was his and paid for, but we have since been married and moved in to a new house which I said I did not want to buy as it was derelict unless I owned half so he put the house in both our names and been here 2 years, my questions is will the agreement I signed about the old house still stand or not? when I say lets go to the solicitors to change the will's he just said waste of money don't worry about them?
can you help?
Did you receive legal advice before you signed the document?
Was the former property sold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I did not get legal advice it was just a document the solicitor made up and I signed.

Yes the former property was sold

Then the document would not be enforceable in the event of a divorce so please do not worry.
In addition if his Will does not make proper provision for you then you will be able to make a claim against his estate
I hope that this of assistance - please ask if you need further details