13262538

I pay £994 per month as maintenance to me ex who wanted a clean

I pay £994 per month as maintenance to me ex who wanted a clean break when I was unemployed etc (Benefitted her as she would have had to pay me as she runs her own business). We have a 12 year old who lives with her. I said she should put some monies aside each month as you don't need £994 to look after a 12 year old. However under the law I understand I have NO rites to know how she spends the monies!! She is now asking me for 50% of trip expenses. I am going to say no but feel aggrieved she is even asking!! What are your thoughts?
Is this money purely child maintenance?
Why is it is so high?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I agreed to Pay what I would have been asked to pay under Child Support / the new rules, is which is 7% of salary after pension contributions before Tax and NI, which is then paid after Tax and NI. This is in effect a Family Agreement. It was clean break divorce and I pay nothing to Nicola who runs her own business. There is no provision in our Court Order for Child Maintenance etc. I have full access to my Daughter but she lives with her mum in Cornwall and I live and work in London. I have agreed to have Jessica for 2 days and a weekend ever half term and I have her for 2 weeks Holiday on top of this. (Any more than this and I would have no holiday, I do have 2 older boys as well at University and working). When ever it is viable I do also include my daughter such as last weekend when I was in Cornwall to play Golf I took her out to dinner. I commuted between London and Cornwall weekly for 13 years.

I am afraid that you are correct you have no right to ask for an accounting - but you do have the right to refuse to pay a penny more than you have agreed.
I agree that she has ample funds to cover all expenses
Please ask if you need further details