13262538

My boyfriend has just had his settlement for divorce and one

My boyfriend has just had his settlement for divorce and one of the conditions is that he is not allowed to have a relationship until his daughter has left college - can this be right? I can understand not introducing me to the children or being around them until the conditions date has expired, but can it be stated that he is not allowed a relationship at all?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Happy to wait. Thank you.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
When you say "settlement" what are you actually referring to?
How old are the children and how long have your boyfriend and his ex been separated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

Settlement is split of monies / property, but on the understanding he stays out of a relationship until 1 September 2015 (when his daughter finishes college). The children are 21 and 17 (18 in Feb 2015). They have been separated for 4 years.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. Su

Has he said that this is part of a Court order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

Yes it is. He can contest it but it's going to cost a lot more money and it's now been dragging on for too many years. Nothing has yet been signed though.

Many thanks. Su

I am sorry but there is no basis on which such a clause would be included in a financial order
It has no place in financial issues and no court would accept such a clause being included.
It is unenforceable - and given the ages of the children ridiculous
Your partner needs to simply say that he does not agree -
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years