Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My partners ex-wife, as of April this year, has asked him to

Customer Question

My partners ex-wife, as of April this year, has asked him to complete a Clean Break consent order. My partner will have to disclose any savings that he has and also any equity in the property that we now have a joint mortage on, but prior to this the properyty was in my name only. His ex-wife doe snot have any savings and instead has debt.
My concerns are when a judge loks a the order, are they likely to instruct my partner to pay his exwife a lump sum from his savings or from the equity in the property? (the equity was in the property before it was nade into joint names)
Grateful for any guidance.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it is not possible to get an answer, I will close the question but would like a refund?
Michelle
Hello Michelle,
We can refund on request, please confirm if you would like one.
In the meantime we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please could I have a refund, thank you.
Michelle
I will do my best to help you (should you still wish it) but I need some further information first.
How long has your partner been separated form his ex and are there any children involved?
What happened to the former matrimonial home?