13262538

Hi,I am having problems with my ex-girlfriend. We have

Customer Question

Hi,I am having problems with my ex-girlfriend. We have a son together who is now 18 months, although we were separated before she gave birth. My name is ***** ***** the birth certificate, although I pay £250 a month for child maintenance and we did a DNA test which proved parentage. The payments have not been run through the CSA, it is a local agreement. I have been trying to get access to him and she will not allow it, she is very temperamental and any time we try to have a discussion about our son, she flips it back to our relationship and cannot seem to separate the two. I am missing out on some of the most important time of his life. I also have another son in Portugal who I also support financially and pay £200 a month for, and I see him on a regular basis when I go back home, and have no issues with access.I am desperate to gain access to my son, and would like one day every fortnight. How can I make this happen? I also want to put my name on his birth certificate so I can gain parental rights, but she wont allow this, is there anything I can do?Thank you in advance for your help.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, happy to wait a bit longer. Thanks!
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
How much do you earn gross per annum and how often have you seen the child to date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, I earn £54k and to date I have only seen him twice for a short while this year and she has always been there. I saw him a bit more when he was first born before everything completely broke down, but that was the first couple of months.
Many Thanks
The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary.
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
If that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the contact that you have with the child
Details here
http://www.jordanpublishing.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/1197/EX327.pdf
At the same time you can invite your ex to sign a Parental Responsibility Agreement giving you PR for teh child - again if she refuses you can ask the court to make an order.
However you do need to be aware that the maintenance you are currently paying is under the CMS (new CSA) assessment.
Details here
https://www.gov.uk/how-child-maintenance-is-worked-out/overview
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details