13262538

Me and my partner recently split. (I am the dad.) We are generally

Customer Question

Me and my partner recently split. (I am the dad.) We are generally mutual about sharing the kids although there do comes times where things just clash (IE: Christmas) and it's hard to resolve things.
Currently, I, as the father, have the kids Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday one week and then following week just has them on the Wednesday.
Going forward she says she can't bear not having the kids on Christmas so she would want to keep them christmas eve, christmas morning, every year.
If I went down the court route, are the courts still in favour of the mum having the majority of the time with the kids. IE; I would only get them alternate weekends or possibly get them more days than I do already?
When it comes to Christmas, do the courts generally give court orders to say you alternate christmas nights/days or do they tend to leave Christmas up to you to decide?
There is no violence, or hatred between parents or risk to the children so that wouldn't come into play.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
How old are the children and what contact is your ex willing to offer over christmas?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Children are 3 and 6.

She is saying she can't not be with them christmas eve night and christmas day morning. I would only have them the afternoon.

How long for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So from 3pm Christmas day onwards for christmas night

Parents are expected to reach agreement regarding such issues - using family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) if necessary.
If no agreement can be reached then you will need to apply to the courts for a Child Arrangement Order dealing with the issues in dispute
Unfortunately there is no set solution to the Christmas issue - and every District Judge has their own approach.
Some go for the straight alternating years option; others feel that having then child from 25th to 27th allows you to build your own christmas traditions.
If you cannot agree then the Judge will enforce his or her own preference - which may not work for anyone
I am sorry - I wish there was something more positive I could say.
You may find this website useful
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years