13262538

My ex has stopped paying for our 17 month girl. He has her

Customer Question

My ex has stopped paying for our 17 month girl. He has her every Sunday for 4 hours.He had an accident back in May and I accepted that he was not able to pay at that point. He is ok now and has been for the last month.He is now refusing to pay the £25 per week and is now saying he is taking me to court to have her all weekend.I have always told him that when he is paying that his hours would increase as she got older but he is just pushing me. Please where do I stand on this. I have now offered him to have her from 9 to 5 on a Sunday when he pays but he says I am being unreasonable.Thank you for you time Victoria.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for your time.i would like to wait for you to try and find an answer please.Many Thanks victoria.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
has your daughter ever spent a night away from you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has not spent the night away with anyone else.

The first point that I must make is that the court does not link Contact and Maintenance and will not be happy if you do so.
If he will not pay child maintenance then you need to make an application to the CMS (new CSA) for an assessment.
With regard to extending the contact you are correct - he is not moving contact on at your child's pace.
To go from 4 hours to a whole weekend is not reasonable.
Your offer of 9 to 5 is a reasonable one - and once that is well established then you can build in an overnight assuming he has suitable accommodation for her.
You should offer to discuss contact with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your time. This is a great help.

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well