13262538

I want to apply for a variation of the spousal maintenance

Customer Question

I want to apply for a variation of the spousal maintenance i pay my ex-wife due to a change in my financial circumstances.
Can I send Form A directly to the court or am I supposed to go through mediation first?

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you

Mediation is now compulsory.

My concern for you is that the Order was made very recently and you will need to show that the change in your circumstances could not have been predicted - and has not been caused by your own actions

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Isnt the mere fact that it is a loan which I fully need to pay back on commercial terms sufficient to not have it considered as part of income?

I mean - it is like I would have to share with her the proceeds of a personal loan that I take out

No I am afraid it is not sufficient if in fact it is what is called a "Contractor Loan Scheme".