13262538

How much, if anything , would I have to pay ex wife? She has

Customer Question

How much, if anything , would I have to pay ex wife? She has always earned more than me.
I filed for divorce following abuse and then she told me she was pregnant. The child is now 12 months old. I have chosen not to see or have any involvement with the child as my ex has a history of abusive, controlling behaviour and I don't want a child in a conflict zone. I have paid and pay full child maintenance according to CSA. My ex wife wants spousal maintenance. If she works part time 3 days a week and has school holidays she would earn the same as myself.
She has 36K in savings. I have 56K acquired before marriage from parental lifetime savings for me. What can I expect if/when she goes to court?
How much do you each currently earn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I earn 21K as currently am primary teacher on supply due to studying for Masters in evening. Ex wife earns 36K full-time teacher in secondary but may have gone part time...I don't know. 3 days/week would give her around 22K. I complete Masters in July and will be searching for a job around 30K.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I earn 21K as I do supply teaching and am doing a part time Masters. My ex wife earns 36K full-time teacher and I assume around 22K if does a 3 day week.

My apologies for the delay
Who owns the former matrimonial home?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was none. We were in rented accommodation and I paid rent after leaving the property, a further 5 months, until the tenancy agreement ended.

From what you have said there is no question of your having to pay Spouse Maintenance at all.
Your worst case scenario is that you may have to make a lump sum payment to your ex to balance your savings position.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Also, I assume mediation will fail. The CSA themselves refused to work with my ex wife because of non compliance, yet she was the one receiving the money. The mediator chosen by my ex..informed me by letter that I had 14 days to respond regarding mediation or the case would be closed. I replied positively to the mediator's e mail but her e mail address was totally incorrect and it bounced back. I emailed all her colleagues and those bounced back. I left a voicemail for her..no response. I telephoned her secretary on monday 1st september ..no response. She finally e mailed me, using a different e mail address, on the 18th September! Despite my asking re costs for mediation there was no reference to this. I actually have no confidence in a professional who communicates in this careless manner. Can I insist on a different mediator? I assume this will end up in court. How much can I expect to pay in court costs? Mediation I know will cost usually around £500-£600.

Please help. I feel I am no being treated fairly.

You can certainly chose another mediator - simply find one on this site
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
The actual court cost is £245 - how much you spend on a solicitor is depends on your choice to have one or not.