13262538

My partner just up and left me recently leaving me 33weeks

My partner just up and left me recently leaving me 33weeks pregnant and 2 children on in which isn't his. He now wants our daughter of 2 years 50/50. Iam not agreeable to this v told him what i agree with and now he wants to get a contact order. What should i do? Does it matter who gets an order first??
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Iam ok to wait

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Who has had the day to day care of the children until now?
Does your ex work?
What contact have you offered
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I take day to day care of the children. Partner works full time. 2nights per week offered.

How does he intend to care for the child whilst he is working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well he wouldn't he would get his mum to or either say he's working less hours. Think he will be happy to have her now for 2nights per week but i want him to having to do with the unborn baby and i do not want him there at the birth. Can i still register the baby without him present?

The law says that a child should have contact with both parents - but that contact is meant to be based on the needs of the child and not the parents.
Your offer is based on the needs of your child and his is not - so you have little to fear from his threat of taking the matter further.
You certainly do not have to have him with you at the birth of the baby - and you can Register the baby without him - but since you are married he can also register the birth without you.
As I said it is the right of the child to have contact with both parents - and that will apply to the baby as well, so if your ex wants contact then you do need to make a reasonable offer.
You should offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
You can read more on this site
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we are not married does that make any difference?

Not so far as the contact is concerned - but it does mean that he cannot register the child himself!