Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I got married in1982 and had 2 children. My wife and I were

Customer Question

I got married in1982 and had 2 children. My wife and I were granted a judicial seperation in 1989, lived apart some years,got back together briefly and and had another child. We split up in 2000 for good. I paid to support my children until they were out of full time education When I got married I was a plumber/builder; at some point I started a small business in pest control (part time in the evenings and full time in the summer). I have very recently applied for a divorce without using a solicitor (using a D8 - fee of £410.00 to the courts), having previously discussed this with my wife, who was happy for this to take place. Now that she has received the relevant documetation from the court for her to sign and return, she is refusing to do so as she says she feels she is due monies from starting a pest control business "together". This was not the case and not documetation exisits to suggest that it ever was. Since 2000, I have gradually built the business and it has been my full time work for some years. Does she have any claim on any of my assests that I have built up since the judicial separation? Two years ago I put some money towards a house with my partner; The bulk of the money for the property was hers but we did not get a Declaration of Trust drawn up at the time to reflect this. Can my wife lay claim to a percentage of the value of our jointly owned property and is it too late to get a Declaration of Trust put in place to reflect proportions of ownership, thus protecting my partner's larger share of the property? Many thanks.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Thank you for your question and my apologies for the delay
Was a financial Order sealed within the Judicial Separation proceedings?