Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi my partner has been granted a divorce and the consent order

Customer Question

Hi my partner has been granted a divorce and the consent order has been granted that within 8 weeks of divorce he has no right to the family home but his ex wife has to pay him his settlement fee as she is residing there with their daughter. It is past the 8 weeks and she has had the money ready to transfer for over a year and still won't pay him. She is saying that her solicitor said not to trust him and we have to wait until the mortgage company change the names over to just her and her brother (it was a 3 way mortgage). He lives (the brother) overseas and we are facing financial ruin very soon if she doesn't pay the settlement...We just do not know what to do? Any help would be so appreciated.
When does the Court Order say that the payment has to be made - the exact wording please