13262538

Hi, I pay child maintenance to the mother of my child. I also

I pay child maintenance to the mother of my child. I also receive a bonus at the end of the year. How should I calculate the portion of the bonus which should be paid in maintenance? Currently i just pay an amount based on guesswork which is well above the amount I am legally obliged to pay based just on my salary.
How often do you have the child overnight and are you responsible in any way for another child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have child approx 110 nights a year, no other children. I have done the csa form online, but it doesnt advise on anyway to treat an annual bonus, ie pay lump sum, or is it retrospective from the last year etc

I see.
Simply treat the bonus as additional income - and apply the appropriate percentage and reduction to it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so should i pay weekly based on my weekly salary, and then a lump sum when bonus is paid? and how do i calculate the correct percentage?

How often are you paid a bonus?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Once a year

If the CMS (new CSA) were involved they would base your weekly payment on the total you received last year including the Bonus - it would be the best way forward
You can read more on this site
http://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php