Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

whilst going through some papers me and my husband realised

whilst going through some papers me and my husband realised that we are actually divorced ! we seperated in 1997 for approx 12months and divorce proceedings were started we reunited and thought no more of it. how will our mortgage,pensions and life insurance be affected and what do we need to do please ? we stated that our marital status was "married"
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Your mortgage and life insurance won't be affected. Your pension won't be affected as long as you have each made a nomination to the pension trustees in favour of the other.
As regards ***** ***** can do, assuming you are not separating again, you could get married, or if you don't want to do that you could each make wills in favour of the other.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.