13262538

What is the essence of the 'contractor loan' concept in divo

What is the essence of the 'contractor loan' concept in divorce proceedings?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean what approach will the court take?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes -

but also the definition of what constitutes a contractor loan vs a regular employee loan

There is no specific approach taken by the court - the Judge will listen to all arguments - however in the event of a dispute it is likely that they will follow the HMRC guidelines - however what is certain is that the Divorce Judge will see it as money that you have control over no matter what it is called
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years