13262538

My Chldren

My exhusband has not seen his 2 kids in 8 months. In the last month we tried him ringing them 3 days a week and it lasted 2 weeks before he stopped with excuses that he fell asleep. He hasn't paid a penny for them in them in the same time frame. Now he is threatening me with court and that he coming to get the kids. i dont know what to do as he intimidate me.

Also in the last 8 months he threatened to kill himself by sending me pictures of his slashed wrists.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please keep looking. For an answer. On Saturday night he phoned me to tell me If I don't let him see his kids he is going to come to my door with 18 of his security guards friends that he works with and smash my door down and take my kids. I just need to know what I should do.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry also he has sent me pictures of himself smoking weed.

Thank you for your question and my apologies for the delay
How old are the children and when did they last see their father?
What income does he have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oldest is 8 and the youngest is 4. They last saw him in February, He is working for a Security firm but he is also signing on at the Job Centre.

What direct contact do you wish to offer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We wanted to start with the phone calls so the get use to him again. That failed. He is very unstable so i would want supervised visits.

Would you consider using a Contact Centre?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. i would

I suggest that you point out that no application can be made to the court unless mediation has been attempted first.
Make an appointment with a local mediator
www.familymediationehlpline.co.uk
and suggest that contact resumes at a local contact centre once a fortnight.
If he does not accept that then you will have to apply to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the Children live with you - and setting out that he has contact at a Contact Centre should he decide to apply for contact.
The Order will ensure that if he does remove the children from your care then the police can help you recover them
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years