13262538

My daughter is 18 and no longer in education. I am still paying

My daughter is 18 and no longer in education. I am still paying CSA when does it stop?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
When did she leave school/college?
What is she doing now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has not attended college since May as her course had finished. But officially she would have finished July for the summer holidays. She has not started work or continued in education.
Are there any outstanding arrears?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,
There will be a small amount as I have had a pay increase 6 months ago. But all payments are up to date and I have never missed a payment.
If she has left Secondary education for good then payments should have ceased in September
If there are arrears then obviously payment will continue until they are cleared.
You should write and ask for a full copy of your file from the CSA (£10 under the Freedom of Information Act)
You may also find this group helpful
www.nacsa.org.uk
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years