13262538

I've been split up with my wife since February 2014, I have

Customer Question

I've been split up with my wife since February 2014, I have been sent a letter by her giving me 28 days notice to collect my belonging or she will dispose of them. she claims she is now storing them !
I have been to collect my belongings twice with a hired van and been denied entry previously. ( April and May)
I still pay the full mortgage for this house! and my name is ***** ***** the tile deed
Is it legal to give me 28 days notice? and dispose of my belongings?
Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes my son lives there whom I'm being denied access to see!

Write back to your ex and tell her that you are entitled to store your belongings in your property and that if she does dispose of any of them then you will hold her liable for the costs of replacement
You have no said whether or not divorce proceedings have yet begun - if not then it would be sensible to do so so that the financial issues can be sorted
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you Clare you have answered several of my questions on here over this year. Yes I have begun divorce proceedings and have a hearing in 2 weeks time.

Then you should start the negotiations on the finances and within that raise the issue of your belongings