13262538

my partner has left the property and living with his parents

my partner has left the property and living with his parents it is a joint mortgage (also have a 11 year old so together who lives with me) i dont want him to walk in and out of the house as he still has keys he said that has he owns half the house he can come and go as he pleases,ie have a bath , have a sleep, and wait for his son to come home from school is this correct
Thank you for your question. M
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes I am afraid that as a joint owner of the property he is indeed entitled to return to the property whenever he wishes.
If he uses or threatens violence then you can apply for an Order excluding him - but otherwise you will need to negotiate with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
to agree the terms of your separation
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details