13262538

Hi, My wife took her son and left me to go back to America

My wife took her son and left me to go back to America (her birthplace) 1st April this year, she has settled there, there is no chance of her coming back or us ever getting back together, on what grounds can I get a divorce? as neither of us want to wait for the 2 years.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The obvious option would be Unreasonable Behaviour since it is clearly unreasonable to move abroad without you!
Assuming you both wish the divorce this could be an easy and even swift option
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That was helpful, but I am concerned how I word it on the form, to be seen as unreasonable behaviour rather than desertion for which we would have to wait 2 years, and obviously I do not want it to be refused and lose my payment (its not cheap, that's why I am trying to do it myself)

She has not deserted you - she has
"chosen to return to America despite the fact that the Petitioner asked her not to and has made it plain that she no longer has any feelings for the Petitioner"