13262538

Been separated 6 years and would like a divorce. We are both

Been separated 6 years and would like a divorce. We are both English and got married in Moon Place Mexico in 2006. My wife decided not to register the marriage. She believes as she did not register the marriage in the UK we are not married. She did not change her name and so the UK do not have any record of the marriage. She has since re-married 4 years ago in the UK. I myself would like to re-marry but I am not sure that my wife is correct.
I believe we are still married and that I need to get a divorce before I can remarry and my ex-wife has also committed bigamy.
Question:
Am I married?
Has my ex-wife committed bigamy?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your WIFE has indeed committed bigamy.
There is no process by which Foreign marriages need to be Registered in the Uk to be valid.
If the marriage is valid in the country in which it takes place then it is valid in the UK
If you wish to remarry then you will need to divorce your ex on the basis of your five year separation
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce
Please ask if you need further details