13262538

Hello! please could you help me. what rights does the father

Hello! please could you help me. what rights does the father of my child have if he doesn't pay any child maintenance whatsoever?? he wants to have a say in his schooling in his everything - obv as he has parental rights and yes he is on the birth certificate - but surely if he doesn't have (and has never done) he doesn't have a say! please help. thanks my son is 3.
Does your ex work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare

Ok no the ex doesnt work. He doesnt receive benefits either. He does have some money tho but i dont kno where he gets it from. His stance on paying me is that even if he was working he wdnt be paying me as he didnt want our son. Surely he cant then have a hand in day to day things if he is cherry picking his PR??

What contact dos he have with the child and what is the problem regarding schools?
Does he have any capital assets at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No no capital assets. He lives in rented accommodation. There is no problem with schools that i know of as yet from him but i know he wants to have a say in where he goes even though he wouldnt b picking him up etc! He lives over ten miles away. The slit is very aggressive on his part and i just need to know where i stand law wise if he doesnt pay.

What contact does he have with the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has him every other weekend from saturday to sunday evening. As the split was so acrimonious theres no convos on other days etc.

I am afraid that the fact that he does not pay any maintenance does not effect his Parental Responsibility in any way and he remains entitled to be consulted on all major issues in the child's life.
This does not mean that you have to follow his wishes - merely that you have to take them into account and
if he disagrees with your actual decision then he can ask the court to decide the issue
I am sorry - I know that this is not what you wished to hear but sadly it is the legal position.
Please ask if you need further details