How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34130
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How do you calculate it when you have two kids at boarding

Customer Question

How do you calculate it when you have two kids at boarding school and when they are not one stays with his mother mostly and the other is with me mostly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you referring to Child Maintenance?
How old are the children and what time do they spend with each of you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi 17 nearly 18 and 13. Both are at boarding school and the younger boy spends most of his time with me so far but I think it will be 50 percent of the time not at boarding school.

Yes child maintenance.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
For clarity - when not at school the children spend their nights equally between you is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One of them spends his nights equally and the other spends all his time with his mum.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Then under the newest CMS (CSA) assessments you will not have to pay any maintenance for the youngest child as his time is shared equally between you - but you will for the elder child
I hope that this is of assistance - if you need further details please ask and let me know which areas you need me to cover

Related Family Law Questions