13262538

How do you calculate it when you have two kids at boarding

Customer Question

How do you calculate it when you have two kids at boarding school and when they are not one stays with his mother mostly and the other is with me mostly.
Are you referring to Child Maintenance?
How old are the children and what time do they spend with each of you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi 17 nearly 18 and 13. Both are at boarding school and the younger boy spends most of his time with me so far but I think it will be 50 percent of the time not at boarding school.

Yes child maintenance.

For clarity - when not at school the children spend their nights equally between you is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One of them spends his nights equally and the other spends all his time with his mum.
Then under the newest CMS (CSA) assessments you will not have to pay any maintenance for the youngest child as his time is shared equally between you - but you will for the elder child
I hope that this is of assistance - if you need further details please ask and let me know which areas you need me to cover