13262538

Hi I am recently divorced and I work away 5 days a week,my

I am recently divorced and I work away 5 days a week,my 14 yr daughter lives with my mum and dad it is where she wants to be.
Her dad is telling her once his new flat is refurbished she has to go live with him.
She has been so happy and settled , now she worries and is very upset . I asked her every week to come live with me in the Cotswolds where I now work to support her and myself she wants to stay with my mum and dad. I am from south wales originally.Can her make her live with him? She really does not want to. I am so worried he will make her.
Can you please advise me.
Many thanks Karen.
Does your ex live in the same area as your parents - and what contact does your daughter have with each f you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes he lives in the same area as my parents. I speak to her every day and I go home every week on my days off. She sees her dad as and when he wants or she wants with no restrictions on my side. We do have a very strained relationship unfortunately and there is no communication between myself and my ex husband.
How often does he actually see her - say in the last four weeks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He sees her every Sunday and maybe one or twice through the week.She very rarely says the night with him.
At 14 your daughter's wishes as to where she lives will be decisive (assuming that she is safe and well there as she clearly is)
Whilst her father can certainly try and force her to move in with him, you could if need be apply for a Child arrangement Order setting out the details of her living arrangements - and as I said her wishes would be decisive.
You should try and discuss matters using Family mediation
www.familymediation.helpline.co.uk
To avoid unnecessary distress
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details\