13262538

I am in the process of getting divorced diy, the house is in

Customer Question

I am in the process of getting divorced diy, the house is in joint names mortgage has been repaid considering to apply for equity release to give my partner financial settlement.would it be better lf I changed ownership to myself before applying and how much would this process cost.
How much is the house worth and what other assets do you both have
How long have you lived together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At present house is valued at £105.000, we have been married for 14 years I have a small pension also a little money in savings my wife still works but has no savings. We have discussed situation she does not want me to lose the house so that's why considering equity to give her financial help. I am 64years old my wife is 55 years old.

In Order to achieve an equity release the property will have to be in your sole name - but there is no reason that this cannot be dealt with at the same time.
You and your wife need to negotiate a settlement - using Family mediation if necessary
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I would suggest that you have a deed of separation drawn up setting out the financial agreement between you if you are not going to have an early divorce
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details