Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My wife an i have separated after 7 years and under 5 years

Customer Question

My wife an i have separated after 7 years and under 5 years of marriage, we have 2 girls, 4 and 6, when we met she was working and getting working credits. We have not had sex for over 2 years. I have said i will pay the mortgage £800 per month until the kids are up or she meet some one and help out with things for the kids, the kids will stay with me when i am home 1 night during the week and sat and sat night drop them off sun morning. As i work off shore. She can have every thing in the house and keep the car, i am going to the bank tomorrow and she will get half of what is in there.
Now she is saying she wants spouce maintenance, she has been kept from the day i met her and wanted for nothing can you shed some light and am i being fair ?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The house is worth 220k and there is 140k left she can have the car and every thing in the house. I earn 95k per year before tax Nadia has not worked for 6 years. I am offering to pay the mortgage and help out with

The kids after school clubs coats, tops toys etc l am going to the bank today to give her 50% of what is in my account but she is saying that she is entitled to half every month as we are still married we split up 27th sep

And she is going for spouce maintenance.

Nadia worked in a shop when we met minimum wage and topped up with

Tax credits we have in my point of view be separated for over 2 years as we have not had sex in that time. Bit stressed out aĺl i want is to move on

See my kids grow up

How much would a cheaper property in the same general area cost to buy?