13262538

Me and my partner split up nearly 3 weeks ago now due to the

Customer Question

Me and my partner split up nearly 3 weeks ago now due to the police being called to domestic abuse incidents and I have had to safeguard myself and my son by removing myself from the property we have a joint tenancy on and consequently ending the relationship as not healthy for me or baby. He is demanding to see his son and he is on the birth cert. I am not happy for unsupervised contact as he is of a changeable nature and mercurial moods and I fear he will not return our son to me. If this happened I believe I should call the police who are quite powerless as its 50 50 responsibility. I this morning have received text messages threatening suicide and of a very nasty nature towards me. I am not prepared for him to see our son whilst he is in what I feel this very unstable and dangerous frame of mind. Can you advise the best course of action from here please?
Has he actually threatened to take the child?
Would you consider using a Contact Centre?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No he hasn't threatened to take him and yes I would use a contact centre but he has refused to do this

Do you have any concerns about his ability to care for the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only in the way of his unstable text messages threatening suicide, stating he won't be here for long and alot more along those lines. I have offered him to see his son with my mother for first few times at least so he can familiarise himself with baby's routines etc and become re-introduced to him as been told by health visitor that at this age they form very strong attachments to those people he knows.

How old is the child
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

3 months old

In that case your offer of a Contact Centre is a reasonable one and one you should make in writing.

Since there has been recent Domestic Violence you should be able to benefit from Legal Aid so you shoudl find a local solicitor to assist you

You can find one on this website

www.resolution.org.uk

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details