13262538

Hi, my son's "ex" has suddenly moved away from the area with

Hi, my son's "ex" has suddenly moved away from the area with their 3 year old daughter and 9 month old son, with no word left with anyone as to where they are. What should he do, ie contact the police and do a missing persons report, contact social services or what else should he do legally please?
Is he named on the Children's birth certificates?
What contact had he been having with the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Yes, he is on the birth certs, in fact the kids have his surname. He has been having regular arranged contact, informally agreed.

The back story is that he and his ex had another informal agreement regarding the introduction of new partners to the kids. My son adhered to that, but his ex didn't, causing a huge argument. The police were involved, and after the ex invited my son to sort matters out the following morning, he stupidly turned up and she called the police again, so now he's on rem,and for breaking bail, and threatening behaviour.

We have learnt this past week that she has vacated her flat, removed the 3 year old from nursery, and informed them that she has moved out of the area for good. She has made no attempt to inform my son, or us, his family as to where she has taken them.

I hope this info helps.

Bob

When was your son first arrested?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Initially the afternoon on Weds 1st Oct, then returned to his ex's flat at her request (and against bail conditions) the following morning, when she called the police again. He left the scene and handed himself in to police later on the 2nd Oct when he was made aware that they were looking for him. He was held overnight, then taken to court on the 3rd when he was then held on remand until his initial Crown Court hearing in two days time.

Bob

Your son can ask the police to do a 'safe and well check" on the children - they will confirm that they are just that - safe and well.
In terms of seeking contact your son is going to have to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order and ask the court to order the DWP to release her address TO THE COURT for service
She has, sadly, played it well.
Your son should ask for contact to take place at a Contact Centre so that he does not have to see his ex.
Please ask if you need further details