Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I want to separate from my partner. We have children aged 12

Customer Question

I want to separate from my partner. We have children aged 12 and 14 and we are joint owners of our home. He works 45 miles away and we are very settled in the town where we live. The upheaval of a move would impact on my son's GCSE's even more than just coping with the split. My partner is not violent or abusive I just don't want to be wit him. I have asked him to move out, he refuses and says that I must find somewhere and when I am secure I can get the children which is obviously not acceptable. He is refusing to give any child support (he contributes nothing but the mortgage interest now and has crippling debts). I can afford to move out but to a smaller house. He can't but I am willing to pay his deposit to get rid of him. What legal rights do I have to get him to leave the family home so that we can get on with our lives.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you each have?
How much does a cheaper three bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?