13262538

HI I have been separated from my husband since April 2012.

HI
I have been separated from my husband since April 2012. I began divorce proceedings Nov 2013 through Wigan County Court Lancs but unfortunately he hasn't signed the divorce papers. I was informed this week that he passed away in the 11/10/14. I would like some advice on where I stand regarding his NHS pension and where to proceed from here. I have had no contact with himself or his family since September 2012. Also I would like advice on claiming Beareavement pension do I qualify for these or is it his next of kin who is now his mother.
Please advise
Mrs G Wheeler
Email *****@******.***
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
For clarity there has been no Decree Nisi at all?
Do you know if he left a Will?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI

There was no Decree Nisi and I dont't think he left a will he was an alcholic and had short term memory loss.

Gill

Then you are his widow and the only person entitled to his entire estate
The first claim on the estate will of course be the funeral expenses.
You should contact his employers and enquire about making a claim on his pension - it is possible that the Trustees have the right to decide who should receive the Pension but I would be very surprised if you did not receive your entitlement
I am not sure what you mean by Bereavement Pension - but if it is part of the NHS pension then yes you will be entitled to it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details