13262538

divorce

I have left my marital home, and admitted to adultery. I have paid mortgage off to sum of £16.250.When I left, I left a letter saying I would pay utility bills until house is sold. My wife has filed for divorce and agrees to split everything 50/50 and got me to sign a agreement from her solicitor agreeing to everything including paying bills, until the house is sold. The question I ask, is the letter from her solicitor enforceable & do I have to pay bills until house is sold, only I am now struggling to pay my own bills, in rented accommodation, hope you can help, kind regards ***** ***** I also add, no children are involved,also upon signing agreement I felt very intimidated from my mother & father in law making threats towards my life, so signed agreement to try and keep the peace in a way.

What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I come out with about £1.300 a month, my wife comes out with around £600 a month. My rent on my new place is £575 a month, paying gas/electric & council tax at my old house comes to £200 a month, and I also pay council tax at rented house. My outgoings are around £900 a month, leaving me with £400 to spare. My wife just pays water bill & phone bill, which amounts to about £60 a month. Hope this as helped, kind regards Steve.

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
property worth around £145.000 & mortgage as been fully repaid by myself
May I ask how old you both are and whether or not your wife is working full time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am 43 yrs old, and she is 41yrs old, and she is working part time.

Is there any medical reason why she cannot work full time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no reason, just hard to get full time hours now

No the letter is not enforceable - and there is no reason whatsoever why your ex shoudl not work full time and pay her own bills.
As a compromise you should agree to pay the House insurance for the time being.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, so if i get letter from her solicitor saying i signed a agreement and i got to pay utility bills i should ignore it ? & could she take me to court over agreement ?
You simply write back and say that you are no longer financially able to pay these bills.
She would have to apply for spouse maintenance within divorce proceedings - and it is unlikely that it would be successful