13262538

My son is being messed around with having access to his young

My son is being messed around with having access to his young son after the relationship broke down, he is willing to have and see his son at any time but she keeps changing her mind as if to deliberately mess up any plans he may have made such as agreeing to overtime or maybe a night out, and then gets nasty saying that he obviously doesn't care about the child if he would rather do overtime and this was because he said he would have to bring his child home a hour earlier than planned on one occasion. so she stopped him having his son altogether, this is really getting him down as he loves his little boy so much and said he would have full custody if he could, he is named on the birth certificate which we took to mean that he had as much say over his son as she has, she already has two other children both with different fathers and denies those fathers access as well,
What can he do, he works full time but can't afford solicitors fees ,
How old is the child and what is the actual pattern of contact
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His son is just coming up to 14 months old , he has managed to have his son on the last few Saturday's but he does go to the house a few nights a week to see him before bed,
She keeps changing her mind on when he can have his son with him, so he can't make any plans properly , I think it's some sort of power game she is using aganist him, he just wants proper access not just when it suits her.
So far he just agrees to everything she says, otherwise she just says he can't have him at all and that she will go to court and stop him all together.
She has 2 other sons from different relationships and she has stopped the fathers seeing them and we don't want her to be able to do it again
How long have they been separated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been a on and off relationship since she became pregnant, my son has his own flat , so having his son there is no problem , but it has become final in the last couple of months , my son has tried to keep it all going but she is really not interested
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
Equally it is important for the child that the contact is on a regular pattern
He should try and discuss this with her using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
But if that fails then he will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out what time the child will spend with him
You can read more here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdf
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
Legal Aid is no longer available in such cases AND in any event the court will not stop the contact
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details